Is it possible to have 3 or 4 hdmi inputs and then rotate an hdmi output with a timer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawzmolly

Prominent
Jul 2, 2017
I need to rotate an hdmi output such that I can go from 3 or 4 inputs automatically on a timer. Example: Security system monitor out, a PC playing a Power Point presentation, and then a Community board i.e., 5 minutes Security, 30 minutes Power Point, and then a Note Board 10 minutes. Then repeat all until turned off. I have found a 4 to 1 hdmi switcher but not with a timer. Help please.

Thank you.

Solution
You might have to roll-yourown for this. There are video switches that can be controlled via RS232. You might have to use a Raspberry PI and a script to control your switch. I doubt there is anything as programmable as you would like. Fixed time per input, maybe.

kanewolf

Judicious
You might have to roll-yourown for this. There are video switches that can be controlled via RS232. You might have to use a Raspberry PI and a script to control your switch. I doubt there is anything as programmable as you would like. Fixed time per input, maybe.

Solution
You could also use a home control system like Control4 to operate an RS232 or IR controlled HDMI input selector. Since they have built in clocks they could be programmed to do what you want. It could also turn the TV on and off when you wanted to automatically. It could skip weekends and holidays too,

Status
Not open for further replies.