Is it possible to make sony sa d10 4.1 stereo speakers to 4.1 surround speakers..

Arka Das

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
I have a great problem.
Recently I purchased Sony SA D10 4.1 speaker.
But when I see that it is not a surround speaker, it is a 2.1 with 4 speakers, I am very upset..
It is a stereo system.. But i want a surround system..
So I request is it possible to make sony sa d10 4.1 stereo speakers to surround speakers..
I have also a 2.1 sound system(Altec Lancing BXR1221)..

I have:
Motherboard Intel DG41WV(OEM),
4 gb RAM,
Sony SA-D10 4.1 Multimedia Speakers (http://www.flipkart.com/sony-sa-d10-4-1-multimedia-speakers/p/itmdd5gs73eyvrw7),
Altec Lancing BXR1221,.

Plz rply..

Solution
From what I see on your link, the store gives wrong information about the speakers. They explicitly mention "4.1 configuration" and "4.1 channels" in the description. I think you have every right to take it back to them.

I don't think you can convert them to true surround. The internal amplifier will not have the nescessary circuits to receive and output 5 total channels.

fixxxer113

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
From what I see on your link, the store gives wrong information about the speakers. They explicitly mention "4.1 configuration" and "4.1 channels" in the description. I think you have every right to take it back to them.

I don't think you can convert them to true surround. The internal amplifier will not have the nescessary circuits to receive and output 5 total channels.

Solution

boju

Distinguished
people commenting below in that link are saying the same thing :\ take it back and get yourself some logitech 5.1s. You wont regret it.

Surround consists of at least 5 speakers. 2x fronts (left & right) for the main action, 2x rears for special affects, 1x center for mostly speech, and .1 being the sub for heavy duty bass sequences. Surround sound starts at 5.1 speaker configuration.