Is it possible to use a Logitech subwoofer with a Vizio soundbar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonGalaxy

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
I have Logitech z623 2.1 speakers I don't use, and want a soundbar to improve dialogue clarity in movies. The sound bar I'm looking at (Vizio sb3630-e6) seems like a good option, but it doesn't have a sub. I could shell out more money to get a compatible sub, but I figured I'd see if I can use the one I already have. I should also mention that the soundbar does have a sub out port (think it's standard RCA).

The issue is that the sub I have won't work without the satellite speakers it came with (specifically one that connects via a dsub cable, and has the power/volume/bass toggles for the whole unit). So my question is if there's any way to get these things working together, and if so can I easily control bass levels?

Solution
You can connect the sub out of the soundbar to the main input of the 2,1 system. Connect the 2.1 as if you were using all the speakers. Since your are only sending bass into it your should not hear anything (or almost) from the sats.
You will need a cable that is compatible. You only have to connect to one channel of the 2.1 system but if you want to split the sub out and connect it to both you will get a bit more gain.
You can probably adjust bass level from the soundbar and/or 2.1 speakers.
You can connect the sub out of the soundbar to the main input of the 2,1 system. Connect the 2.1 as if you were using all the speakers. Since your are only sending bass into it your should not hear anything (or almost) from the sats.
You will need a cable that is compatible. You only have to connect to one channel of the 2.1 system but if you want to split the sub out and connect it to both you will get a bit more gain.
You can probably adjust bass level from the soundbar and/or 2.1 speakers.

Solution

Varun_27

Prominent
May 18, 2017

Greetings Americanaudiophile,
I have a samilar case, just in place of vizio sb 3830 i have 3820 and in place of Logitech Z623 i have Logitech Z506 working perfectly. and i want to play the speakers as well and can i control volume and base through the vizio remote control.

Varun_27

Prominent
May 18, 2017

Will this play as a unit?

Yes. It's a little complex since you have multiple level controls.
The overall level is adjusted by the volume control on the soundbar.
You have three level adjustments that will control the subwoofer. The subout level of the soundbar, the main level on the Logitech, and the sub level on the Logitech,
You want the main Logitech level as high as you can without any background noise coming from any of the speakers and the sub level all the way up.. Then adjust the sub level on the soundbar to get the amount of bass you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.