Is it the touchscreen or display?

toodle

Commendable
May 9, 2016
My son has an Asus X550LA-Ri7T27 laptop with a touch screen. He knocked it against a bed post and cracked the screen. The screen has a few cracks that spider out from the upper left corner. The touchscreen works fine. The touchpad runs across the screen fine. The computer works fine... it just has these hairline cracks. I want to replace the screen but I want to confirm what part to order and see if there are instructions for replacing this model that would make it easier to do.

Just looking for some help in finding a reputable place to get the replacement part and some help making sure I get the right part and know how to install it. I have done screen replacements before on other laptops.

Thanks

toodle

Commendable
May 9, 2016
Thanks! The video looks great. The link for the part shows unavailable with no commitment to restocking. I found a few that were available, but was not too sure about the reputability of the companies. I also wondered if there were any extra concerns or considerations with the touch screen? Is that just a membrane that is in on top of the LCD panel or are there special considerations for replacing the LCD with a touch screen? The touch screen is working fine so I don't think it needs to be replaced, unless it is part of the LCD panel itself. I kind of think it is a separate part.