chulex67

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Well, I have a Broken Dell Vostro 1320

Specs:
Core 2 Duo
4gb Ram
No HDD

The screen is broken, the battery dont charge anymore and the keyboard is missing keys. And Also i would need to get a new HDD maybe an SSD i think i would end up spending about 200 bucks repairing it. So.. is it worth it? I have no notebook right now only desktop and i dont think im gonna buy a new one this year.

Zombie615

Estimable
Feb 9, 2014
Personally I wouldn't fix it unless you are on an extremely tight budget an in desperate need of a computer for basic internet browsing. You can easily go out an buy a computer from bestbuy for a little over $300 although I suggest just building one an getting more bang for your buck.

Depending on your ram that you have with that computer I'd keep it for your build or sell it on EBay as stated above.

Edit: Sorry didn't pay attention should have saw you were referring to a laptop. Though if the ram is of any quality an removable from a slot via the bottom of the laptop I'd take it out an use it for your next laptop if its compatible. Otherwise continue with the sell as is for spare parts.

New Edit: Thought of this as well. If you have a VGA or DVI or HDMI port on the mobo you could always use a spare or cheap monitor an plug up a usb keyboard an buy a cheap external hard Drive along with another battery pack or DC charger an just leave it plugged in all the time. This would be for someone who is an extreme penny pincher though an only going to use it to browse the web lol Not advised but just thought I'd throw this idea out there.

chulex67

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Yeah thats what i was thinking, i already have my gaming pc, and im on my last year of school and we use the school workstations for our homework so i dont need really need a laptop. I think i will sell it, how much should i ask for it ? I mean i can connect an usb with ubuntu on it and it works perfectly using an external monitor.

Nathan Willis

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014
It is not worth $100! I just sold a working laptop (Nothing wrong just old) for $60.
I would put is on eBay for $40 and have them pay the shipping.
I would not put any more money into that computer. It's too old.
If you want a cheap laptop they have some really good ThinkPads on eBay for only $100.

Zombie615

Estimable
Feb 9, 2014

One man's junk is another man's treasure so you never know lol (Not being serious)