Is Lenovo Y510P (without sli gt 750m) worth it in 2017 for a mobile workstation?

yealex2001

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
I found a deal for a Lenovo Y510P (without SLI) with 128G m.2 SSD pairs with 1TB HDD and an upgraded i7 cpu by the seller for only $200. The machine shows some wear and tear but every works fine except I need to clean out the heat sinks. I will occasionally run X Plane 11, FSX, Visual Studio and AutoDesk Inventor on it. Do you think it is worth the money? It is by all means just a 2013 gaming laptop.

Solution
With the SSD and a second drive in it, I'd get one for $200 assuming things are in good shape aside from scrapes. That is quite a bit under what eBay prices look to be on it. Just make sure that it runs a few benchmarks and stress tests without crashing.
With the SSD and a second drive in it, I'd get one for $200 assuming things are in good shape aside from scrapes. That is quite a bit under what eBay prices look to be on it. Just make sure that it runs a few benchmarks and stress tests without crashing.

Solution

yealex2001

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017

Thanks for the reply! The laptop have a few dents and scratches on the shell but it did fine on the stress test and all the hardware works. It was a bit filthy though and the owner wants to keep the ssd so I talked the price down to $160. The only thing bothering me is the oxidized USB ports and other than that the laptop is great for what I need it for.