I've been encountering a problem with my latpops motherboard over the last 5 months. I first thought it was a failing hard drive which there was a problem with my hard drive so i replaced that. Now my computer is turning on but not showing anything but just a black screen. And now my fans turn on for a sec and then stop spinning. I've read over some of my answers from a question that i asked a couple of months ago and people seem to say that i might have a bad motherboard. I found a replacement motherboard for my laptop (Acer Aspire E1-521-0851) on ebay LINK: http/www.ebay.com/itm/Motherboard-for-Acer-Aspire-E1-521-series-LAPTOP-/291687636066?hash=item43e9f01c62:g:OfwAAOSwYaFWdgpy I just want to get some opinions before i decided to order the motherboard
Please do try these troubleshooting steps first before considering on replacing your motherboard.
- Start with a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug it's AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it.
- If it doesn't work reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of second then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Again if these doesn't work but you can hear the laptop on but with no display, connect an external monitor and see if it would display anything because if it does that means it's the built in display that is faulty.
- Next to try is if your AC adapter is still okay by trying another AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it would work.
- If all these will not work it would be a motherboard problem.