smoats

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Solution

There are THREE outputs that have audio:
1) HDMI
2) Optical
3) AV Video

If you had a monitor with RCA audio outputs you could just use that, and get an RCA->3.5mm adapter like the one in the video I'll link.

OPTICAL requires a suitable receiver or special headphones.

AV Video is likely your best bet, and here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA9QqcdvH0w

There may be BETTER solutions as well. Someone also commented the VOLUME might be too low depending on the OHM rating of your headphones.

P1nnacle

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
HDCP requires an HDMI cable to work, so no, your monitor is not HDCP compatible.

Update - I lied. HDCP is supported over DisplayPort, DVI, HDMI, GVIF, or UDI interfaces. That said, do you know what year your monitor was released?

smoats

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012

Not sure about the year. I know it can support 1920x1080 though, so I don't think it's too old.

smoats

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012

I'm pretty certain it's newer than my old monitor which was an HP 2009m which is HDCP compliant. I guess I'll just try to find an affordable cable and hope for the best.

smoats

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Nothing really. I don't have any speakers that I can plug into a PS3, but since I'm half deaf it's not a huge deal.

Though for the few things that don't have subtitles, any suggestions for audio would be appreciated..

We can't help if you don't have the hardware. You require:
1) An HDTV, or
2) A monitor with speakers (and HDMI input)
3) A monitor with HDMI input and audio output (to attach to desktop speakers)
4) A receiver that can connect to the PS3's digital audio output

smoats

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
The only thing I have is a pair of desktop speakers with a 3.5mm jack. I honestly don't know a lot about speakers, but is there some kind of adapter that would help?

There are THREE outputs that have audio:
1) HDMI
2) Optical
3) AV Video

If you had a monitor with RCA audio outputs you could just use that, and get an RCA->3.5mm adapter like the one in the video I'll link.

OPTICAL requires a suitable receiver or special headphones.

AV Video is likely your best bet, and here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA9QqcdvH0w

There may be BETTER solutions as well. Someone also commented the VOLUME might be too low depending on the OHM rating of your headphones.

Solution

GoinPro

Estimable
Mar 16, 2014

I have an HP 2009m and am having trouble hooking up my Wii/X-Box 360 to it. What cable did you use to display onto your screen?

smoats

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012

I never had it hooked up to the 2009m and never got it working through my new monitor anyways. Sorry mate.