Is PC Reviver safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuxyBoo

Estimable
May 5, 2014
I just have a few simple questions about it if anyone uses it.
Is it a "legit" program, and is it actually useful for everyone or made for more casual like laptop users?
Thanks

LuxyBoo

Estimable
May 5, 2014

Yeah that's true, but this was being sponsored by Ookla so I'm thinking it has to be something

LuxyBoo

Estimable
May 5, 2014

Nah it's not an ad, http://www.speedtest.net/ check on the right of their internet speed test site.

update: nevermind, there's a few it randomly selects when you reload the page so I'm not sure what they're about

LuxyBoo

Estimable
May 5, 2014

Well, they come up when I have adblock on, and when I turned it off they disappeared. So yeah, idk

aldan

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013
ad or not most of these are crap that do more harm than good.if you are dead set on "optimizing"your pc you would be better served using something like ccleaner if you are a novice or privazer if you know what you are doing.when using any of these always use a registry backup tool.

Shadow887693

Estimable
Dec 18, 2014
PCreviver is safe and is not adware. It is reliable and trustworthy. It is available for any type of computer user. Although it is more of a system tool expansion than an antivirus program it is "Legit" and working. Be sure to read through the installation prompts it may try to install toolbars.

LynGarl

Estimable
May 28, 2015
I'm disappointed in PC Reviver. I downloaded the initial free trial and scanned my computer but didn't buy the program to actually fix the problems it found. There is no way to stop it from starting up when you boot up your computer and it actually prevented access to my desktop. PC Reviver would start up and there were no icons on my desktop, not even my taskbar. Closing out PC Reviver didn't help, the desktop remained completely blank. I had to reboot into Safe Mode to access anything on my computer. Trying to uninstall the program didn't help and eventually I had to do a system restore to fix my computer. Not sure exactly what happened but there is my experience with PC Reviver.

Hal Jordan

Estimable
Jun 11, 2015

See this Youtube channel by Britech https://www.youtube.com/user/Britec09. He has demonstrations on removing malware by walking you through and giving examples by infecting his own computer to prove it. If you cannot find a solution, then send him a Private message.

CWEric

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015
PC Reviver website has a poor reputation. And I don't trust ads, even sponsor which is practically the same. More involve money which sway interest of best for the users. CCleaner is the most trusted cleaning utility that is free and barely have any extra feature lock in the premium version that should be consider more of a donation to "upgrade".

Skylyne

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
There are better options available. Ccleaner will do the majority of what PC Reviver does, and it's all for free. If you want full service, I'd go with Advanced System Care, and consider getting the Pro version. For basic utilities like this, Piriform and IObit seem to be the best choices, from what I've seen.

OmarMahmoodDGamer

Estimable
Nov 29, 2015
The best solution for tuning up your pc is install ccleaner or toolwiz care. It fixes the wrong registries and speeds up the pc. antivirus is just 2 remove virus which does not speed up ur pc but prevents u from malicious attacks. so tune up facilities are the best

BillyB17

Estimable
Apr 19, 2014
If i dont allow it to run I can't use my task bar at all and when i uninstalled it I literally said bye to the task bar. Icons, Windows button, volume, notifications, wifi and all that can't be used now from the task bar and I have to go through an explorer window to go to program files and open all my programs from there

Walter_11

Commendable
Feb 20, 2016
They are just trying to get money from people who don't know any better. They will run a scan and it will say you have a bunch of things wrong on your computer. Then it will say it could only fix some of them and you need to buy the program to get rid of the rest of them. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out it's bull shit. Why couldn't they fix all the problems for free. Yeah that right there tells you it's racket. They can't fix them all unless you buy. Yep that's the key, unless you buy. They want your money and your computer will run the same as it did before. It's bull shit, they're just taking you for a ride by getting your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.