Is the 2016 hp omen worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s0lidsnake

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
Hello all :)

I'm a newbie with pc hardware so I really need help.

I've been thinking of purchasing the HP Omen for my essays, movies and games.

https://www.noelleeming.co.nz/shop/computers/computers/laptops/pc-notebook-computers/hp-17-w006tx-17-omen-gaming-laptop/prod146967.html

The price is ridiculous because it's the New Zealand dollar.

I want to play games such as Rise of the Tomb Raider, Doom 3, Crysis 3, Batman Arkham Knight and GTA V. I will have them all set on Ultra.

How many FPS can I expect when they are set on ultra?

I'll be using the laptop everyday to watch lectures, movies, play games and write essays so basically it will be on for at least least 8 hours a day. How long can i expect the laptop to last?

Thanks!

Solution
That's way too much money to be paying for a laptop. The thing about laptops is that they depreciate far more in value than desktops do. Plus you might want to wait a couple of weeks for the new Pascal-based laptops to drop. I'm in the market for a new laptop and I'm doing the same thing.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
That's way too much money to be paying for a laptop. The thing about laptops is that they depreciate far more in value than desktops do. Plus you might want to wait a couple of weeks for the new Pascal-based laptops to drop. I'm in the market for a new laptop and I'm doing the same thing.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.