is the headamp pico DAC good? HI-FI

Hamda

Estimable
Feb 23, 2015
hello,
what is a better choice to a hi-fi system?
i got this DAC: http://www.headamp.com/pico/pico_usb_dac/ .
is it good? or are there better ones with optical, coaxial, heaphone amps, more Hz.....?
thats my system:
Marantz pm-6003 amp with wharfedale diamond 10.1

Solution
The conversion of digital to analog is very important to the quality of sound.
You are correct about the Pico brand. My mistake it is US made but it has not be reviewed by an high end audio magazines, they don't give any specs or what sampling rates or file types it handles.
Why buy from an obscure company when there are well reviewed products from companies with track records at the same price range. If you could listen to and compare it to other DACs yourself then you could make an informed choice but that would be hard if not impossible for you to do.
The Cambridge will tend to give you a warmer more laid back presentation. The Schitt more dynamic and forward. Neither is bad but one will match your system and taste better.

Ruggo181

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
Hamda,
All the dac is doing is enabling you to use your amp with a computer. Don't over think it. Once the sound gets to your amp, the amp does the heavy lifting.
What you have is fine.

The conversion of digital to analog is very important to the quality of sound.
You are correct about the Pico brand. My mistake it is US made but it has not be reviewed by an high end audio magazines, they don't give any specs or what sampling rates or file types it handles.
Why buy from an obscure company when there are well reviewed products from companies with track records at the same price range. If you could listen to and compare it to other DACs yourself then you could make an informed choice but that would be hard if not impossible for you to do.
The Cambridge will tend to give you a warmer more laid back presentation. The Schitt more dynamic and forward. Neither is bad but one will match your system and taste better.

Solution