Is the Lenovo Y-700-15ISK a good and powerfull gaming laptop?

Maq___

Estimable
Nov 15, 2015
In February this year I bought my Lenovo Y-700-15-ISK laptop with these specs:

i7-6700 HQ CPU

16 GB of DDR4 RAM

Nvidia GTX 960 M 4 GB GDDR5 GPU (I've overclocked the core clock with +135 MHz,and with +616 MHz for the memory clock)

128 GB SAMSUNG SSD and

a 5400 RPM 1 TB HDD;

for a price of 960 EUR.

In that time the laptops with GTX 1050 Ti GPU , were not available on the market in my country,they came for a 4-5 months later and with at least
1200 EUR of price!

To be honest,I don't have so much money to afford a laptop with 1200 EUR of price!

I would please to objectively tell me,if my Lenovo is in overall a good gaming laptop,and with which maximum video settings can I play the games,but with good FPS?

So far I play only 3 games on it,
GTA V, NBA 2K17 and ArmA 3 !

p.s Would it be capable to play GTA 6 on it?

Please tell me!
Thanks to all in advance!
Best regards!

Solution
The Lenovo Y-700-15ISK is overall a pretty good laptop especially since at the time you bought it laptops with the GTX 1050 Ti were not available in your country. Was it the cheapest laptop in your country with the specs that it has? I have no idea.

The Lenovo Y-700-15ISK is currently selling for $1,100 USD on Amazon and that is pretty close to the price you paid for yours when converting Euros to USD. So I would say you paid a fair price for your Lenovo.

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Y700-Gaming-Windows-80NV0028US/dp/B014MIBWP2

I guess you are suffering from "buyer's remorse" when you should not be since GTX 1050 Ti laptops did not come out until 4 or 5 months later. However, you should not feel that way because 4 or 5 months is a...
Sep 2, 2017
I use a 700-15isk and it has i5-6300HQ
Upgraded from 8gb to 24 gb's of ram
950M 4gb dedicated GPU
And a 1TB hard i believe 5400-RPM

If I run GTA5 on high priority from my task manager I can run it perfectly, anything abpve 8gb's of ram is necessary to run that game, you can on 8gb's but it'll get alot of pauses and make driving at high speeds horrible, the high priority while running the game fixes alot of the invisible textures that some games have if you've been driving from one edge of the map to another.

You might want to run a few benchmarks on the device to see what it can handle, oh, and use Nvidia Geforce to choose the proper settings for your device so you won't run over or under the needed requirements.

The Lenovo Y-700-15ISK is overall a pretty good laptop especially since at the time you bought it laptops with the GTX 1050 Ti were not available in your country. Was it the cheapest laptop in your country with the specs that it has? I have no idea.

The Lenovo Y-700-15ISK is currently selling for $1,100 USD on Amazon and that is pretty close to the price you paid for yours when converting Euros to USD. So I would say you paid a fair price for your Lenovo.

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Y700-Gaming-Windows-80NV0028US/dp/B014MIBWP2

I guess you are suffering from "buyer's remorse" when you should not be since GTX 1050 Ti laptops did not come out until 4 or 5 months later. However, you should not feel that way because 4 or 5 months is a significant gap. Sure... if you only waited 4 or 5 months you could have saved up more money in time to buy a laptop with a GTX 1050 Ti, but if you wait even longer, then you can buy a laptop with a GTX 2050 Ti GPU (Volta). It's a waiting gaming and sooner or later you will be buying a laptop knowing that some better will be coming soon.

Volta is the successor to the current Pascal nVidia GPUs. Speculation is that they will be released sometime in 2018, the main thing that is hold it back at least for now is that nVidia claims it too expensive to produce at the moment. nVidia stated if Volta were to be mass produced now it will cost about $1,000 USD to simply manufacture each Volta GPU chip using current available manufacturing processes. Of course, nVidia would need to sell Volta GPU chips for more than $1,000 to earn a decent profit to make stockholders happy and there is not a huge consumer market out there that is willing to spend well over $1,000 USD for a GPU.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS