Is The World's Smallest Windows XP Computer For You?

crizazykid2

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Although I believe this is way too expensive (refer to "mobile" story)...it is also an amazing piece of technology. A few more years of development and it could definitely become a major player in the market for its portability. When the price comes down, it gets more functionability, then yes, it is defenitely for me. Cool little computer!

pharoah

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
the oqo is actually old news the original was the 01 now its the 01+ ive known about this product for over a year now there is similar products from sony and the vulcan flipstart

http://www.flipstartpc.com/

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
I am waiting for PPCs to get as good as the OQO or have the OQO get as good as small notebooks. (which ever comes first).
Some small features really kill these. Costing less than $1000 will make me jump.

Here is my wishlist in another forumz:
Related Link.

They are so near, yet so far away....
I before 2010 anyway.

bgerber

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
This is Barry Gerber, the author of the article. As I say in the conclusion, I agree that the developers of the OQO have the smarts to do a really fantastic small computer. Their problem is really funding. R&D efforts like this and effective advertising cost a lot of money. And, they're competing with the likes of Microsoft with their new ultra portable spec, which, aside from the fact that you can use your finger on the touch screen and the menu icons are gigantic, is nothing more than the Tablet PC so well implemented by the likes of Fujitsu.

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
THG:

Thank you for the note.
I also agree OQO is very close to something great.
My guess is to keep up the UMPC hype and coverage then more people can see how great they are. More people buy them, better ones can be made, get the ball rolling.
I was a developer spending months in Southeast Asia living out of a small backback. I am able to appreciate a tiny PC.

Thanks for the good articles !

pharoah

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
i tell ya barry id like to see a review of the other little machine i posted the flipstart i just about got one when i seen it i like the oqo as well
but for now those super ultra portables cost a little to much i think when they see a price drop i will most likely get one