Is there a sound bar with 3.5 mm output?

Sean 47

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017
People in my house have hearing deficits and use headphones. Our new tv is only fixed audio output. I have been suggested to get a sound bar, but I need one that I can also plug headphones into. Any ideas?

Solution
An input selector used backwards would only allow one output at a time .A splitter would allow both but you still have a problem
The output of a DAC is a line level fixed output so it won't drive headphones and won't have a volume control for them either.
Solution is to split the optical audio output of the TV. Check the TV manual on how to use the optical output.
Get a soundbar and bluetooth transmitter with optical inputs. The soundbar and headphones will each have their own volume control. Get a transmitter that can pair with two pairs of headphones if there are two headphone users.
Hi, without spending out on a soundbar with a headphone output (of which there are a few, but maybe not what you want, or can budget for) You can simply purchase a digital to analogue switcher. This box simply goes between the optical digital output of the TV and the soundbar but affords you an option of plugging in a set of headphones! See this link to get a good idea of what i mean: https://www.amazon.com/Tendak-Digital-Converter-Adapter-Switcher/dp/B0119OKOJC
Have a good look at the pictures, and hopefully you can see what i am describing.
This means that you are free to purchase ANY soundbar you wish (that has an optical input) knowing that you can have the luxury of plugging in headphones!

Hope this helps, and if you wish, i can post up a couple of soundbars that have the illusive headphone output!

Regards,
K.

Sean 47

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017

Hi, no problem. Normally they do, but it depends on which one you buy. I see no reason why most of them would not, as they are a separate unit to the TV and the soundbar. Just double check before you buy.

Good luck, and happy listening!

K.

An input selector used backwards would only allow one output at a time .A splitter would allow both but you still have a problem
The output of a DAC is a line level fixed output so it won't drive headphones and won't have a volume control for them either.
Solution is to split the optical audio output of the TV. Check the TV manual on how to use the optical output.
Get a soundbar and bluetooth transmitter with optical inputs. The soundbar and headphones will each have their own volume control. Get a transmitter that can pair with two pairs of headphones if there are two headphone users.

Solution

"it won't drive headphones" ............ Really!?