Question Is there a way to check the integrity of my Android OS files?

Oct 14, 2024
Hello everyone,

I'm beginning to face some weird issues with my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. Even though I keep my phone and apps updated, my apps have been acting buggy lately. Specifically YouTube and Discord.

The apps are crashing and in the case of YouTube, most of the time the little mini player tab that appears on the bottom of the screen that appears after you go back to the homepage while playing a video ends up going way down to the point it's invisible and unusable. And sometimes I get a black screen while watching YouTube videos, specifically after watching 1 short, for some reason the short tab becomes the main screen with my video after the exit the video and then the app starts freaking out. I have tried clearing the cache and doing uninstalls but nothing is working right. Now sometimes when I update my apps my downloads fail for no reason.

So it got me wondering if there is a way to check the integrity of files like Windows CMD commands (SFC, DISM) but for Android.

Sorry if I couldn't explain it more clearly, this is the only words that I could think of right now

• One UI version: 6.1
• Android version: 14
• Current version: G998BXXSCGXH7 /
G 98BOXMCGXGC /G 98BXXUCGXGC

Oct 14, 2024
Do you recall what, if anything, you installed just before this started happening?
I didn't install anything new from the Play store before this happened, only updates. Even internet wise I didn't download much on my phone. The phone (besides being used to call people) is a YouTube/Instagram machine + my WhatsApp groups for my college. I don't game nor download files on it besides saving stuff from google images.

I want to avoid doing a factory reset because I cannot afford to lose my chat history + spend time hoping WhatsApp accepts my back ups during this midterm season.

Oct 14, 2024
You may have to perform a factory reset, in spite of your desire not to.

Are you using a 3rd party VPN on the device?

How are you backing up the device?

I'm not using a VPN 24/7, only when I need to access region restricted content. Mullvad VPN

I have the few camera photos I take backed up to Google Photos and WhatsApp to my Google Drive. Although, every time I tried to use a WhatsApp back up like when I switched to this phone it tells me there isn't one despite me backing it up manually and it having weekly backups.

Since factory reset is the only way, I will wait until midterms are over before reseting.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: