Is there any hope for my laptop

gigant_

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
About a month ago i turned off my hp pavillion before i went to school. When i came home it would not start. So far Ive tried everything. Initially i took out the battery and tried to reset it which didnt work. When i would charge it the led would be white then turn amber/orange as if it were charging. When i pressed the power button the led would blink white to amber. From my understanding it might be a cpu problem. I let charge for a few hours but the charging led light would only stay on for 10-30min. After that the laptop would looked like it had no signs of life until i reset or time passed . I tried different outlets but nothing worked I took my laptop apart twice to see if anything looked bad, but nothing looked wrong. Im no expert on motherboards but there was no burnt areas or weird smells. I ordered a new battery, but that didnt work either. Its a hp pavillion 17 e017dx. So far i speculated that it could be a loose charging port but, the led still turns on. Also when i took apart the monitor, the rectangular parts that are suppose to stick dont stick anymore. I spilt water on it last september but i dont know if that would have a long term effect. Is there any hope of getting it to turn on again.

IHolypaladin

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
Did you just said that you poured water on a electronic device.
It can be anything , sry i just need more info.
I have HP laptop , i also had same problem , i fixed it , but it might not be the same as yours.

Hassan_22

Commendable
Feb 9, 2016
IT MIGHT BE THE GPU -- try keeping the laptop on a towel and cover all vents with it , turn on nd keep on for 15-20 so it heats up
then aftr that turn of and turn on IT MIGHT WORK I HAD SAME PROBLEM .

IHolypaladin

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
Solution

IHolypaladin

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
Power Reset

A power reset can fix many issues causing a computer not to start up. Shut down your computer, disconnect all connected cables and devices and unplug the power cord. Remove the battery, then press and hold the power button for 15 to 20 seconds. Reconnect the power cord, then try to turn your computer on. If it works properly, you can then reattach the battery and continue using it normally. For desktop computers or other computers without batteries, unplug the power and all devices, press and hold the power button as mentioned before, then plug it back in and attempt to turn it on.