Is there any way that i can to use my laptop for next one or two years after repairing ?

SHA991

Estimable
Jul 11, 2014
Hello guys, the problem is which laptop i have got is old approx. 4 years old and laptop just overheats too much like it switch-off itself within one or two hours after normal usage.:pfff:
I had tried to fix that problem by repairing it from some shop but the problem is started again. :/
Main problem is i have started software engineering in which sometimes i need laptop and instead of buying laptop before two months ago i have bought 950$ {55,000rupees} PC
{intel i5, Geforce GTX 750 , 8GB Ram} :love:
and can't buy a new lappy right now. :(
So i there any way that i can use my lappy for next one or two years?
My lappy specs:- 2GB drr3 ram
Pentium Dual core T4500 2.3GHz
320GB HDD. Please Help guys.

hans_pcguy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
Your laptop should not be overheating that easily. If you use it on a soft surface (a bed, blanket etc) that will block the air intake slots on the bottom, that could cause it. If it plugged up with dust, that would cause it. If you use it in a hot environment and run power hungry programs, that could cause it.

SHA991

Estimable
Jul 11, 2014

Hello dude, but i your are right in some matters that sometimes i use it on bed but mostly i use my laptop on a table and dude i have got my pc play games and working and using some heavy applications or software.So that's why i don't use any big or heavy app on my laptop but dude it still under normal usage overheats too much. So can u suggest me dude that what should i do to repair it {like what things i can do to make it able to work?}
and for using my laptop for atleast one year.
plzzzz help

hans_pcguy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
It depends on your level of expertise. You can get a laptop cooling pad. You can vacuum out the exhaust ports. You can disassemble the laptop and clean it. Or, what I would do: Disassemble your laptop and modify the cooling system. Check your model of laptop on youtube and find a tutorial on how to mod the heatsinks.