chiknwingding

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Hello all,

I have been in the market for a laptop/ultrabook/2-in-1 for a little while now, and while I initially thought that I would go for the Surface Pro 3, I just couldn't see myself paying so much for what it offers.
So, I began looking for a reasonably high-end, ultraportable laptop instead, as they tend to offer better specs for a better price. I came across the Haswell Acer Aspire S7, and liked what I saw. I have done my research on this notebook, and feel that this would be the right thing for me, but I am very much open to any suggestions. I was shopping on the Microsoft Store for them, and saw this--what I thought to be, anyway--amazing deal.
My question is (sorry for the long intro): Is this a good deal, as I think it is, considering the specs and the retail price? The standard price on the MS Store is actually very cheap compared to the retail price, and now it is $350 off the MS Store price. Here is the link, and don't mind the 3.5 star rating; there aren't many reviews and the MS Store reviews tend to contradict popular belief of most people and reviewers anyway. Here it is:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Acer-Aspire-S7-392-9439-Touchscreen-Ultrabook/productID.295782800

envy14tpe

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
This isn't the exact model of s7 but you can see that reviews really like it.
http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/13/acer-aspire-s7-392-review/

Seems really solid. Not sure if this is best for you but the price is good.

chiknwingding

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Yeah, I agree, I have looked at several pro review sites about this laptop and they all really like it.

I'll be using it as my main computer. Moving from a big desktop setup, I wanted something that would fit my lifestyle more, of being on my desk and connected to an external monitor when needed, and being able to be easily traveled with. So solid specs were pretty important, as well as aesthetics, as I like my stuff to look and feel nice.