Is this a good laptop for $485

SoulReapingTaco

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
I just wanna know because it was an impulse buy from my local shop, I also want to know if it will handle what I throw at it, surfing the web, watching videos, gaming with small games (civ 5, rogue legacy, papers please) or If it is technologically irrelevant or outdated I need to know before I open it if it will be good for a few years. It is regular $900

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/15/electronics/detail-page/B009HNVQCW.pdf

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?item_id=057926

Thanks

Solution
With an i5 and Intel 4000 graphics you shouldn't have a problem playing lesser graphic intensive games at it's resolution and if you look into heavier graphical games you'll have to lower the resolution and the game settings though it is capable of playing many games. For under $500 it seems to be a good deal though it makes me wonder why it's so cheap. The 5400RPM HDD will hold you back a little, meaning it will take longer to boot up and load games, etc. This is a small issue as it doesn't hinder it's ability to game or play videos.

If it's new, unopened, and if you remove all the bloatware that comes on it, then you will have one heck of a good laptop for little money invested. Just know you are limited on graphic intensive...

Blankie440

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
With an i5 and Intel 4000 graphics you shouldn't have a problem playing lesser graphic intensive games at it's resolution and if you look into heavier graphical games you'll have to lower the resolution and the game settings though it is capable of playing many games. For under $500 it seems to be a good deal though it makes me wonder why it's so cheap. The 5400RPM HDD will hold you back a little, meaning it will take longer to boot up and load games, etc. This is a small issue as it doesn't hinder it's ability to game or play videos.

If it's new, unopened, and if you remove all the bloatware that comes on it, then you will have one heck of a good laptop for little money invested. Just know you are limited on graphic intensive games. By resolution and in game graphical settings.

Solution

Blankie440

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Everything will be outdated in a few years but if you aren't trying to push the most recent video games that require massive amounts of graphical processing you will be just fine.