Is this a virus? what is this misterious process called ZacbAvxi.dat?

JohnTHDW

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2013
Hello, a few days ago I noticed this folder called " ZacbAvxi" , see attached pic,

dfffgg-48e7d85.jpg

I deleted the folder and killed the running process running msconfig and stopping this suspicious process. ZacbAvxi.dat.

What do you think is that? it seems it was loading every time I restarted the computer. I searched online with no luck at all.

srrtty-48e7d89.jpg

Any suggestions? do you know what it is?

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Solution
The error seems to imply something is scheduled for running/starting; SysInternals Process Explorer or Autoruns or Comodo's Autoruns should help discover where it is originating...

If it is something stored in the registry, creating itself in startup, such processes can be difficult.

Might try Rkill or Roguekiller, then hard resetting the PC before it can do the Lazarus-effect.

mdd1963

Distinguished
YOu can get Comodo CCE, and, specifically, COmodo's "Autoruns", and click this process so that it is no longer slated for startup, which should prevent your error on startup...

(My search for it revealed little beyond some facebook junk, no recongnizable app)

JohnTHDW

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2013

The mistery is that this process cannot be found anywhere.

Any suggestions? should I worry?

mdd1963

Distinguished
The error seems to imply something is scheduled for running/starting; SysInternals Process Explorer or Autoruns or Comodo's Autoruns should help discover where it is originating...

If it is something stored in the registry, creating itself in startup, such processes can be difficult.

Might try Rkill or Roguekiller, then hard resetting the PC before it can do the Lazarus-effect.

Solution