Is this laptop display bleeding acceptable?

d3vio

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017
Bought an Acer predator helios 300 for 1500 euro and this how display looks on black screen. I don´t care much about bottom only top right always makes me go insane on black screen when I play games or watch films otherwise it´s not much visible.
100% brightness black screen: https://i.imgur.com/LzlBgfW.jpg
Can I fix it somehow myself?

If it bothers you. I would say return it. It isn't going to stop bothering you.

Don't let them pull the "We'll repair it." move, if returning is an option. It'll be three months without a laptop and multiple screen replacements until you give up an live with it, because it is too late to return it. That laptop uses an IPS panel. Backlight bleed is a common complaint with IPS.

I wouldn't consider any backlight bleed (especially off balance) acceptable. Which is why with IPS, you have to read a lot of user reviews. IPS has the advantage of better contrast, view angles and colors. TN panel laptops are a better bet to avoid bleed. Many TN panels look just as good as cheap IPS panels.

d3vio

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017

Well, I have paid for straight replacement for any defects for 18 months, so they won= t ask questions thez will give me money or replacement. I bought laptop in different country and next time I= m going there is next year . Maybe I could replace it then? I dont know how this really works in shops :D