Is this laptop worthless? Please help decide if this notebook will do for my son

stephanie85

Estimable
Jul 24, 2014
About four years ago I had lost my laptop and my grandmother was nice enough to purchase me another on the very next day , luckily enough for me mine was turned in the day after ...My grandma refused to take it back she bought it on one of our local Walmart , she told me to keep it incase it happened again. I reboxed it and never really looked at it again since I was comfortable with my original ( I truly didnt like the new laptop lid and design } anyhow my son now is eight and starting school again soon and wanted to get him his own laptop but was wondering if this old machine which I have never even turned on is still ok enough to get by day to day for a eight year old. He plays some minecraft and a ton of those flash kinda games like on Nickelodeon and Disney , researching things for school , math website that his school participates in stuff like that . On the box of the laptop was the model number I googled and this came up from HP ...

http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-pavilion-notebooks/438422-hp-dv7-3079wm-898-walmart-radeon-4650-blu-ray.html

Is this machine worthless in todays standards ? Will this machine work for him ? If not what would be a good asking price on craigslist , any help is apreciated!
Stephanie

AznGOD

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
That is a super old graphics card and outdated cpu. It cant play minecraft well, but it is just ok for everything else. The laptop could be noticeably slow. I would not pay anything above $400. I would say $200 is a good asking price.

getochkn

Splendid

Did you even read the whole post? Waht does price have to do with it? They have the laptop, brand new in the box for the past 4 years.

"Will this machine work for him ? If not what would be a good asking price on craigslist , any help is apreciated! "

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
moosecake Laptop General Discussion 1
sri.doa Laptop General Discussion 0
H Laptop General Discussion 5
U Laptop General Discussion 1
H Laptop General Discussion 2
XenomanTMBTH Laptop General Discussion 2
jojo319 Laptop General Discussion 2
R Laptop General Discussion 0
M Laptop General Discussion 1
A Laptop General Discussion 1
Nyxnyxnyx Laptop General Discussion 2