Is this laptop worthless? Please help decide if this notebook will do for my son

stephanie85

Estimable
Jul 24, 2014
About four years ago I had lost my laptop and my grandmother was nice enough to purchase me another on the very next day , luckily enough for me mine was turned in the day after ...My grandma refused to take it back she bought it on one of our local Walmart , she told me to keep it incase it happened again. I reboxed it and never really looked at it again since I was comfortable with my original ( I truly didnt like the new laptop lid and design } anyhow my son now is eight and starting school again soon and wanted to get him his own laptop but was wondering if this old machine which I have never even turned on is still ok enough to get by day to day for a eight year old. He plays some minecraft and a ton of those flash kinda games like on Nickelodeon and Disney , researching things for school , math website that his school participates in stuff like that . On the box of the laptop was the model number I googled and this came up from HP ...

http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-pavilion-notebooks/438422-hp-dv7-3079wm-898-walmart-radeon-4650-blu-ray.html

Is this machine worthless in todays standards ? Will this machine work for him ? If not what would be a good asking price on craigslist , any help is apreciated!
Stephanie

AznGOD

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
That is a super old graphics card and outdated cpu. It cant play minecraft well, but it is just ok for everything else. The laptop could be noticeably slow. I would not pay anything above $400. I would say $200 is a good asking price.

Did you even read the whole post? Waht does price have to do with it? They have the laptop, brand new in the box for the past 4 years.

"Will this machine work for him ? If not what would be a good asking price on craigslist , any help is apreciated! "