Is this normal for a grounded power adapter

MiloshDr

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
I recently got my gaming laptop, and when I plug the dc connecter into the laptop I hear a initial static sound. From what I know from researching PC building that static is bad, however I do not know if this applies to a grounded power adapter for a laptop when I plug the DC connecter into the laptop port.

I did some research on this and from what I am finding is half of the information saying it's completely normal and the other half from other sources saying it can potentially be a faulty power adapter.

So would it be normal for the grounded adapter to have static noise once plugged in?

Solution
all adaptors have a rubber ring on them to keep the adaptor from shorting. make sure the ring not off on yours. also check that the power plug not snapped. if you keep hearing it return the unit if you can there not suppose to snap.
all adaptors have a rubber ring on them to keep the adaptor from shorting. make sure the ring not off on yours. also check that the power plug not snapped. if you keep hearing it return the unit if you can there not suppose to snap.

Solution