Is this safe and will i have any issues?

Dunlop0078

Estimable
Herald
Feb 13, 2014
Well if its refurbished its not brand new. It will still probably function just like new one. Do you trust this site? Im not from the UK so I have no experience with this site, at first glance it looks legit they are even offering a one year warranty which is nice.

Factory refurbished and vendor refurbished are two very differnet things.

Factory refurbished means that the OEM of the TV will honor a warranty (likely not the full term of a new item warranty).

Vendor refurbished means the vendor refurbished it and they provide warranty for the item. This then comes down to how trustworthy and easy to work with is the vendor. The vendor could not be around in 6 months, or could take 2 months to sort-of-fix your TV.
So as stated it comes down to the reputation and experience you have with the vendor. If all you have is a lack of bad signs, but no good signs then I would steer away as that great price today will cost you more in the long run.

chuffingknutt

Estimable
Aug 29, 2015
As of the 1st October 2015 the sale of goods act was replaced by the consumer rights act which now covers digital content. I've haven't read up on it yet but you should still be covered for free from defects up to and during an acceptable period of time. Under the sale of goods act that was 6 years to report a fault but under the sale of goods act most companies that issue one year warranty will insist on an independent engineers report if it's over a year old from date of purchase. Worst case if unsure use your credit card, you should still be covered for 2 years automatically as the credit card company are the unofficial owners of the TV and by God they'll chase after the vendor for their money back.

chuffingknutt

Estimable
Aug 29, 2015
I've checked the site and the phone number, something strange showing up. same number two different addresses. One in sutton coalfield the other Birmingham and two different business types. Use street view and see if there is an actual shop at that address