Man1ac123

Estimable
May 11, 2015
So i recently installed Core Temp because i game on my laptop ( link dont know if this works since its a portuguese link) and the surface gets so hot that i cant even touch it and im scared.

For example when im using it for watching videos its on the 50-60ºC, if i plug my pc to the tv to watch videos in a bigger screen it gets to 70-80 .As soon as i start CS:GO it goes straight for the 90-99 but never passes 100. Fans are working and going up as the temperature rises.

Lately i noticed the pc gets slow on startup before password screen and actually saying, "please wait" after a black screen. i bought it on 2013

Man1ac123

Estimable
May 11, 2015

Type?

PC Notebook HP ENVY dv6-7280sp

• 2,4 GHz Intel Core i7-3630QM
    Intel HM77 Express
    6 GB DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M

Man1ac123

Estimable
May 11, 2015

No, i know i should but cince you talk about it i have one question , if i buy a can of compressed air and just aim at the exhaust vents wont the fan spin at sangerous speeds that could damage it?

The canned compressed air will blow the matted dust away from the backside of the cooling fins just fine. Just make sure to use the included straw to concentrate the airflow. Your best course of action would actually be disassembling the laptop to remove the dust. But many folks don't care to bother.

P.S. The fan CAN be damaged by being over revved too high by the compressed air, which can generate excessive heat in the bearings.

Man1ac123

Estimable
May 11, 2015

@1shado1
@uplink-svk

Ok i'll try to do that. So do you guys recommed me not to play games at all?

PS: actually im planning on building a gaming pc (other thread)

I suppose you could be right. It has always worked for me when I haven't felt like disassembling my laptops. But then again, I was using it every couple of months. A couple year build-up probably would be too much.

I wouldn't play games or anything else cpu/gpu intensive until the problem is rectified.

Man1ac123

Estimable
May 11, 2015

Oh man do i really need to open it ?Should i check videos online?

Man1ac123

Estimable
May 11, 2015

ok ill try the can , if nothing happens well ill try to open it and do that.

Should i go to local pc stores, maybe they help me with this.