Sam23uk

Estimable
Dec 27, 2015
I own an isis 42" TV that I have had for about 2 years now. I have had a few issues with it but nothing major till now. I just rearranged my room and disconnected everything from it and when I plugged my computer in to the TV via hdmi cable it wouldn't pick up the signal. I have checked my cable and computer and they are both fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated

boju

Distinguished
What issues did your TV have?

Assuming you were careful moving stuff around, only thing i could imagine being different is you've connected the HDMI up to a different port on your PC? If you have onboard video with HDMI can make this mistake.

Sam23uk

Estimable
Dec 27, 2015
Sorry didn't mean to click best solution. They weren't any major problems just things to do with picking up channels and stuff like that. I only have one hdmi port on my computer so I couldnth imagine it being that

boju

Distinguished
Im assuming you've checked your pc with a monitor as you've said it's fine?

Tv's aren't hard to work with, its usually just a plug in hdmi both ends, switch to the right channel and off it goes.

Problems i've seen in the past just in general no displaying is sometimes the case metal if too close to the hdmi port can get in the way not making complete contact.

Sam23uk

Estimable
Dec 27, 2015
I have tried it with my xbox hdmi cable and it seems to work but the other cable won't work for my xbox on my 50" Samsung but the cable works fine for my computer on my 50" but not on my 42". I find that very strange and have never had this issue before. But I think it lies with the cable not the TV but thanks anyways guys