Montego

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
Having some desktop issues (slow downloads, lost info, missing HHD), I ran 'MemTest86' to check my RAM and I discovered that there were multiple boot options available on the UEFI boot screen, options that I had never seen before.

In addition to my usual options allowing me to boot from my installed HHD or optical drive there was also the following; (1) BRCM MBA Slot 0400 v14.6.9, (2) UEFI: IP4 Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet (BCM57xxx), (3) UEFI: IP6 Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet (BCM57xxx).

Has anyone seen these installed on their systems before, and does my ISP now have the capability to boot/reboot my PC remotely? Any suggestions about what I should/shouldn't do? Anyone?

Montego

Solution
all 3 appear to be "boot from lan" options. not too unusual but odd to just pop up like that.

check your bios for boot options and uncheck those options if you don't want them. no reason to have boot from lan enabled on a home pc. used a lot of large networks but rarely home use.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
all 3 appear to be "boot from lan" options. not too unusual but odd to just pop up like that.

check your bios for boot options and uncheck those options if you don't want them. no reason to have boot from lan enabled on a home pc. used a lot of large networks but rarely home use.

Solution