Issue with using stereo speakers on C/sb channel

Aaron Litten

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
Hey,

I've had a CD player for many years with big subs on it. I'm at college and recently got an external sound card for my laptop.

The Cd player has rca input to play the sub channel through, and it's just a basic Left and Right to 3.5mm male jack which is plugged into the sub channel.

Because it's a stereo channel, it only plays the left speaker, thinking it's a sub, and when I switch the center and sub channels through windows, it still only plays one or the other.

Is there a cable I can use to make the computer think there's only one input or can I put the sub channel from the right speaker in with the left. It uses black and red audio wires and purple wires for the subs.

It's something like this

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MHCEC709iP-System-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B003IBB9CG/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1414885272&sr=8-7&keywords=cd+player+with+sub+rca

"The Cd player has rca input to play the sub channel through" - you mean output to the sub?

"Because it's a stereo channel, it only plays the left speaker" - stereo should play left and right

Sounds like somethings wrong with your CD player. Read the manual.

Aaron Litten

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013

The CD player has inputs like usb and RCA, like if I wanted to plug in an MP3 player. The computer only players center or sub through the channel, which is either the right speaker or left...

Aaron Litten

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013

My laptop, I have a 7.1 external sound card connected through USB

Aaron Litten

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013

The CD player is what speakers are connected to. It's just a giant stereo with a 6 CD changer and has the ability to plug in an MP3 player in the aux port, which is RCA red and white

Aaron Litten

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013

Oh it works, I know that, I just have two other speakers as my front output and the CD player ones as my sub, but it only plays the one speaker