Issues with two identical 2.1 Klipsch speaker sets?

TriggerHappy850

Estimable
Jun 22, 2015
Hello everyone!

I currently have a 2.1 Klipsch speaker set and i was thinking of getting another identical one and using them both through an audio splitter. I don't know much about sound so i wanted to know what potential issues you all would see with this. The splitter i am looking at should duplicate stereo to each split so i dont think both sets playing in mono will be an issue.

I mainly want to do it so i can have another subwoofer in the opposite corner of my room, i imagine the extra two speakers would be nice too

TriggerHappy850

Estimable
Jun 22, 2015

I know that the speakers in the set are passive and im pretty sure the amp is built into the included subwoofer. Im not sure about the halfing of the ohm-age you mention though. To me it sounds like it should make the load less since the signal is getting split, but i guess thats not the case. If there is extra load to both sets, does that mean i cant play them as loud as i would be able to if they were individually connected? i dont think i would have a problem with that because i never go over half of the volume it is capable of on the dial.