It says my SD card is corrupted, I just want my files back

Jul 5, 2018
Today while transferring some files to my Kingston sd card (32 gb) all of a sudden my phone froze for a around 5 seconds and then switched off when I switched it back on and open my gallery and opened the new folder I had made to transfer those files it showed it was there but there weren't any pictures it was just grey icons and then I went out of the folder and checked my other folders that I'd put on the SD card which is basically almost every folder and no pictures were there when I went to Settings and clicked Storage it said that the SD card was corrupt and to 'set it up' which led to formatting which obviously I didn't do. I tried googling stuff but so far nothing has helped. I came home and put the SD card onto the adapter and inserted it into my laptop but it's not showing, even when I right clicked Computer and clicked Manage. And it's not showing in another device either I don't know what to do everything that I hold precious is on it I had around 18000 pictures and videos and I haven't backed these up. These files are the most valuable thing I have and I can't even function right now I'm a wreck

Please please help me please

Solution
I'm afraid to say this is not going to end well but how long into the procedure was it when the phone switched off?

How were you tansferring the files? Move or Copy/paste.

Use your File Manager to track down the folder DCIM and see what's in there.
I'm afraid to say this is not going to end well but how long into the procedure was it when the phone switched off?

How were you tansferring the files? Move or Copy/paste.

Use your File Manager to track down the folder DCIM and see what's in there.

Solution

shknawe

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
Google for programs to recover corrupted files from an sd card and go from there. http://7thshare.com/data-recovery/ You can run this one to see if you can recover the files, but I must warn you it will cost you $50 to buy the full program to recover them after scanning the card.