It's the World's Most Expensive Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbarone69

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
I wonder if all that gold would cause the phone to not work? So much metal...

Just imagine if you dropped it the dent it would leave. Chip off a diamond and that would be costly!

Dont get me wrong, I understand... It's supposed to be a... how do you say... "work of art"... but it just not my style.

G

What happens to the precious Iphone when it is "old technology"? Expensive paperweight?

G

ehh...
I might consider it when reaching for something to scrape the dried mud and s hi t off my boots.

jdragyn

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
[citation][nom]ckthecerealkiller[/nom]A quick google search would tell you that "color F" stands for Flawless color, or completely colorless....[/citation]
It may very well have been laziness on the part of the author to not look up what "color F" stands for, but I read it as a tongue-in-cheek dig at how ludicrously expensive this gadget is. The people who would buy this phone are the people who buy the recommended processors and video cards in the "Past the point of reason" sections. "More money than sense" comes to mind as well...

On the other hand, I wish I could afford this stuff! I don't think I'd mind having more money than sense for a change. :)

mattak

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
[citation][nom]ckthecerealkiller[/nom]A quick google search would tell you that "color F" stands for Flawless color, or completely colorless....[/citation]

F is in the Colorless scale but D is the least amount of color. Flawless is in the Clarity category and I'm guessing if they didn't bother to go D they certainly didn't go for FL on the clarity. Maybe VS2 at the best as it takes magnification to see any flaws at that grade. Pretty weak at the price they are asking.

nicklasd87

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
given the rarity of this, i wouldn't be surprised if it actually increases in value, despite its uselessness in the future...not to mention it is still gold and diamonds...those don't depreciate in value usually...I guess a positive spin on this is the most useful piece of jewelry you could buy...of course if you are in a 3g capable area and ATT hasn't gone out of business :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS