iTunes $10,000 Winner Hung Up on Apple's Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
hehe i to would haw tough it whose a prank call, we got way to much spam of all kind of bullshit. well hope ovi store do some thing like this would be cool.

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
lovely how this site keeps circling the drain ... (spam, broken commenting and fill in the blanks), i still have hope though.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
If I won the card I think I would buy my first Mac, hey it's free right? well I'd probably buy the highest end version of each Mac in the store (probably only one Mac then)

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]$10,000 iTunes Gift Card? what a joke... I'd sell the card on Ebay for $9K cash.[/citation]
I doubt anybody would bid that high. Who really would want to buy $10,000 worth of crap on iTunes? Most Appletards don't have that much money to spend anyway and their credit is already maxed out from buying multiple iPhones after each new release.

I'm also curious if the winner will have to pay taxes on that card, it's a prize, I don't see why they wouldn't. Not much of a prize if you have to shell out $4-5k to uncle sam!

fjiekie

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]If I won the card I think I would buy my first Mac, hey it's free right? well I'd probably buy the highest end version of each Mac in the store (probably only one Mac then)[/citation]

it depends, is it an "iTunes" gift card or an "apple store" gift card.
since iTunes is only music, you can't buy a mac there...

oh the most expensive mac pro is 20k or so...

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]nice on apples part to call back[/citation]
It was their obligation, if they made such a promotion, they HAD to call back.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]aaron88_7[/nom]I doubt anybody would bid that high. Who really would want to buy $10,000 worth of crap on iTunes? Most Appletards don't have that much money to spend anyway and their credit is already maxed out from buying multiple iPhones after each new release.I'm also curious if the winner will have to pay taxes on that card, it's a prize, I don't see why they wouldn't. Not much of a prize if you have to shell out $4-5k to uncle sam![/citation]
Actually, they have plenty of money to spend, otherwise they would buy normally priced stuff.

longerlife

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2007
[citation][nom]aaron88_7[/nom]I doubt anybody would bid that high. Who really would want to buy $10,000 worth of crap on iTunes? Most Appletards don't have that much money to spend anyway and their credit is already maxed out from buying multiple iPhones after each new release.I'm also curious if the winner will have to pay taxes on that card, it's a prize, I don't see why they wouldn't. Not much of a prize if you have to shell out $4-5k to uncle sam![/citation]

Actually in the UK we don't tax winnings either from gambling or competitions, so they will get the full amount.... Apple will however get at least 30% of that amount back from any music/apps and much more if they buy hardware....

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]$10,000 iTunes Gift Card? what a joke... I'd sell the card on Ebay for $9K cash.[/citation]
And a % of that will go directly to Paypal.

G

[citation][nom]chronicbint[/nom]laughing @ the anti Apple tards, like flies on shit.[/citation]

^ this.

Status
Not open for further replies.