iTunes won't play through speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah_78

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017
Hi there World Wide Web!

I have a computer/speaker problem.
When I connect my speaker to my computer (using Bluetooth) no sound comes through the speaker when I play music from my iTunes library. It however works fine if I watch HBO, Netflix, YouTube and whatever else. It's ONLY when using iTunes it doesn't work.
Can anyone tell me why this is?
My computer runs Windows 10 (and I hate it).

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Not sure what your iTunes current configuration may be but you can easily check.

In iTunes go to Edit > Preferences

Double check the various tabs to see how iTunes is currently configured.

Maybe something your Playback settings.

Reconfigure as warranted but make only one change at a time. Keep notes so you can reverse if necessary.
Not sure what your iTunes current configuration may be but you can easily check.

In iTunes go to Edit > Preferences

Double check the various tabs to see how iTunes is currently configured.

Maybe something your Playback settings.

Reconfigure as warranted but make only one change at a time. Keep notes so you can reverse if necessary.

Solution

smyliemyles

Prominent
Sep 7, 2017
1) Go into iTunes and into the Edit tab

2) Click "Preferences" and click on the "Playback" tab at the top of the pop-up window.

3) Near the bottom of the window you'll see "Play Audio Using:", open the dropdown menu next to it and select "Direct Sound."

4) Click "OK" and close the pop-up window.

5) Restart iTunes.

GregT17

Estimable
Dec 29, 2014
Thanks to smyliemyles - had the same problem with a Bose SoundDock Mini - Skype and other sound output programs worked fine but iTunes (the most awful user experience software that has somehow sustained a place in the world I can recall other than Lotus Notes....) didn't. smyliemyles's answer worked perfectly. Thank you for that!
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.