I've lost my phone i have an accurate location but I want to make sure it's my phone I called the police but they said they co

Hernandez98

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
I've lost my cellphone in Indiana and I tracked it down I have the location and called the police but they said they couldn't help on lost cellphones I need my memory card what should I do? Is there any website to track my phone using the MEID NUMBER? I have a new phone with the same cellphone number. Please help.

Solution

Yea, I'm not really sure about Androids but I think Windows phone can be tracked through outlook ID assigned to the phone. Unless someone picked it up and wiped all the memory... I think it can be tracked. Also, if you wish to recover data, you can do so in both cases, doesn't matter if it's Win phone or Android, as long as your account is synced and the automatic backup feature is turned on (Google Drive for Android...
There is no way to track a phone without having installed tracking software on it prior to the loss.

And, I find it odd that they won't do anything. I mean if it is a cheap phone, then I could see them saying no. However some cells are really costly, upping the type of crime. I would call back at a different time on a different day, and don't call via 911 either. Speak to someone else to see if you can get help. That is, if it is a costly phone.

In the end, the best you may be able to do is have the phone removed from your account by your service provider/carrier.

Hernandez98

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017

I have an app called gadget guardian I had it installed weeks before I lost it and i checked again and the phone seems to be turned off still and shows the same location I will call tomorrow again and see if anyone else tells me anything different. I lost it 2 days ago. And I don't live in Indiana so it's difficult for me to go and check.

Hernandez98

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017

Yes in deed I have a PIN. The company is boostmobile I'll see if I can head to another local store and call from there so they can help.

MasterChief86

Estimable
Dec 13, 2016

Yea, I'm not really sure about Androids but I think Windows phone can be tracked through outlook ID assigned to the phone. Unless someone picked it up and wiped all the memory... I think it can be tracked. Also, if you wish to recover data, you can do so in both cases, doesn't matter if it's Win phone or Android, as long as your account is synced and the automatic backup feature is turned on (Google Drive for Android and One Drive for Windows Phone)

Solution

captaincharisma

Distinguished

android has an app called "android device manager" . with this app you are able to send a command to make it ring and also you can send a command to the phone that would delete all the data off it too

unfortunately if this app was never run on the phone in question then it may not work. you are able to log into it on any phone with your google account and also from the google website