Question J2 Prime storage issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2021
My in-law's J2 prime storage stays full, even though I've moved all user media files to external card and disabled unneeded apps.

I know the phone is old and has little storage, but it seems to be taken up by ghost files.

How can I clear the storage without having to reset to factory settings?

Thanks for any help.

Jun 6, 2021
Remove those apps don't just disable them. Also clear the cache for programs, things like Facebook, etc.. save a lot of data on the device.
Can't remove those apps, all bloatware, but they were always there and there was space before, no matter what I do the storage remains full. I've seen this happen often before with other Samsung devices, seems a factory reset is the only solution.

YehezkielLee

Prominent
Aug 1, 2019
clean Youtube data,and cache,disable google play apps that doesnt needed,disable galaxy store or another apps that didnt used,clean data and cache on Gallery

and dont forget delete the "Android" folder and the other folder that doesnt contain important files,but make sure theres no important data inside "Android Folder",Android data itself could takes many Gigs sometimes

if theres Social Apps like Telegram,Whatsapp or whatever,try to move the folder itself that contain media data to SD Card.

hope it helps.

Jun 6, 2021
I didn't think I could just delete that Android folder, but I guess app settings will be reset if we do. I checked my phone and it's quite large, but I have lots of apps and 64 Gb storage.

I'll check his phone when I see him next. Thanks

YehezkielLee

Prominent
Aug 1, 2019
what apps?,from what i know android folder only contain caches and some of app data like game obb or whatever it is.

maybe you can see the properties on every folder inside android-data/obb/media
maybe some of that folder consume alot of storage capacity and maybe you can consider to delete it

Jun 6, 2021
I reset the phone to factory settings, starts out with 3gb free space, updates apps, install whatsapp and messenger, boom only 400mb left no personal files.

Status
Not open for further replies.