Jack Thompson Cries ''I Win!...Go to Hell'' Regarding Removal of Taliban from Me

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
How can this guy say "I win". He didnt do snot to remove the taliban name, and the fact that their not called taliban doesnt remove the fact that the game will feature the same violence. Hes just stealing the people who actually worked on the case. And video games without violence would suck bad... tetris would be the only game worth playing...

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Though Goodrich didn't say anything about receiving negative feedback from disbarred lawyers, Thompson did send a letter to the U.S. Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates

for some reason I couldnt stop laughing when I read this.

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
First, shouldn't EA be getting sued by valve right about now?

Second, I had a one on one conversation with this idiot years ago, he's worse than members of PETA, or anyone that believes in any "god" for that matter. He just needs to die, the world would be better without him.

Cache

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
So he wants to ban violent videogames....

Does he realize the scope of the industry that he is trampling on? It doesn't help that he does not define what is 'violent'--technically football is a violent sport with horrendous injuries. He is just a male version of a soccer mom looking to ride a personal panty-wedge issue.

TheWhiteRose000

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
Oh yea that's totally getting the positive feed back he wants everyone else to see.

If your not with me go to Hell.
Against violence right?

Isn't using a angry tone and telling people to go to hell.
Kinda encouraging the Violence?

So its okay for there to be no violence in a game.
But saying Go to hell is acceptable?
What do you want us to do just lay back and take it?

So talk all that crap about us, tell us to go to hell.
After I while I can see someone shooting at them.
And it won't be because of Violence in the games.

It will be because someone, somewhere had enough of his crap and how full of (fecal material), he is.

Sure Blame the games, get the violence out of them.
Just not that in human nature is the urge to fight.
And with no game to vent that out on.
Guess who there going for first.

;D

apercu

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Honestly, I think Jack always does win... at pissing off gamers and getting a load of attention... Can't we just ignore him, not do any interviews and let him just fade out again like for the past few years? He wins a bit as a troll every time he gets a reaction out of one of us. :-/

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]Anything he endorses will be criticized just for that, at this point not even people with similar views will want to be associated with him.So, at the end of the day, he checks around that nobody is watching and he plays some Left 4 Dead to vent his frustration.[/citation]
Na....zombies are already dead, so it is ok lol

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Well, in his defense, not ALL gamers are plain stupid...just most of them. A select few of them, are quite "special", particularly those MMORPG addicts.

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Lol!!!
Anyways that's +1 to the freedom of speech and exercising civil right.... although he's one bad example being a lawyer, but , he did get his job done...... so that's a good point for the system.....
I really can't say which is the better of the two evils.....
the System or Jack Thompson....

G

I agree with the guy who said he goes home and plays GTA in secretly.
Like these minister's who are vehemently anti-gay and then turn out to like young tranny hookers................I'm an old basterd by most standards and have been playing games as long as there have been games, but this guy is a steaming pile of horse shite.

vicsrealms

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
Wow, if thats not reason enough to put the Taliban back into a game that very few people are probably going to buy anyway. Then I don't know what would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.