Jack Thompson Cries ''I Win!...Go to Hell'' Regarding Removal of Taliban from Me

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

astidcrisse

Distinguished
May 18, 2009
Sure, "I'm against violence in video games but I do strongly endorse religious eternal violence"

talk about blind american typical mindless ignorance.

Gladely we have parents and schools to teach us about difference between reality and fiction.

According to him everything in culture but cooking books about "peaceful vegetable cooking" should be burned.

sad.

astidcrisse

Distinguished
May 18, 2009
Sure, "I'm against violence in video games but I do strongly endorse religious eternal violence"

talk about blind american typical mindless ignorance.

Gladely we have parents and schools to teach us about difference between reality and fiction.

According to him everything in culture but cooking books about "peaceful vegetable cooking" should be burned.

sad.

vectorm12

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Seriously how does this guy make a living these days? I mean if it's been over a year since he was disbarred who the hell is still paying this guy?

By all rights he should be living on the streets by now

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
[citation][nom]boogalooelectric[/nom]@ Toms,I have a question, why would you even give this ass hat this kind of high profile press?Attention whores like him need to be put on the /ignore list.[/citation]
I agree. Best way to shut this guy up is to pay no attention to him.

MoH sucked anyways.
Though they should poll modern day soldiers, and what they think of this. Might be an interesting result.

apocalypseap

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
Yeah, yeah, Jack Thompson is a douche in denial who's unloved by everyone - even his family, etc. but nobody's commenting on the "ultimate sacrifice" part of the article. It's "all good" if they're out killing innocent and non-innocent people that they don't know or that don't live in the same country as they do (and in some cases despise for no good reason) - but if someone they know signs up to kill people (innocent and non-innocent) knowing full-well the risks that they're taking, and THEY die, then it's just such a tragedy, isn't it?

Ignorance is no excuse for killing innocent people and it could be argued that the soldiers themselves aren't innocent, in that case.

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
Drat, foiled again by Jack Thompson! Wait, no I am still going to be playing this violent video game. Hah, silly me.

As a little side-note to Mr Thompson if he reads this, saying things like this wont exactly help you get back to being a "lawyer". I say "lawyer" loosely because I don't know what law you really practiced, as I can't recall law ever really coming into play with things that you have done in the past.

awood28211

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
Did this douche just make an innuendo that he'd help people kill themselves? ...while being interviewed as an advocate of banning VIOLENCE in video games???

mage182

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
I hate to break it to you, ut the new MOH game is still violent as can be. All the programmers did is going in and replace 'Taliban' with 'Opposing Force'. It didn't stop the fact that you're shooting at one another.

Let the market decide what should and should not be sold. If the consumer thinks something is too violent then we won't buy it.

Good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.