Jailbreak Released for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

grillz9909

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
[citation][nom]zachary k[/nom]apple's iphone is a great phone, the only bad part is apple.thank god their security is Swiss cheese.[/citation]
and it's on at&t

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
[citation][nom]grillz9909[/nom]and it's on at&t[/citation]

vs who?

At least I don't lose my internet when I get a call. I use both sprint/verizon (work) and AT&T (personal) everyday. They honestly have equivalent coverage in my area, both with dead spots, and both occasionally get dropped calls. AT&T is far from my favorite company, but if I had to choose, I'll take GSM.

orionantares

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
It's so entertaining to see how easily Apple's iPhone OS can be hacked, it just shows how bad they really are at dealing with security and how vulnerable OS X would probably be if anyone actually cared to target it.

guzz46

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
It's so entertaining to see how easily Apple's iPhone OS can be hacked, it just shows how bad they really are at dealing with security and how vulnerable OS X would probably be if anyone actually cared to target it.

Yep just look at how easy OS X was to hack at CanSecWest (2 minutes)

Hupiscratch

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
[citation][nom]orionantares[/nom]It's so entertaining to see how easily Apple's iPhone OS can be hacked, it just shows how bad they really are at dealing with security and how vulnerable OS X would probably be if anyone actually cared to target it.[/citation]

From that you can say that Apple wants to suffer jailbreaks in order to sell more units. An easy way to break exclusivity contracts with carries. Am I too high?

christopherknapp

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
When will people start to understand that Apple WANTS jailbroken software to come out, and that it actually creates more revenue for them by selling more devices?

carlhenry

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]christopherknapp[/nom]When will people start to understand that Apple WANTS jailbroken software to come out, and that it actually creates more revenue for them by selling more devices?[/citation]

i don't think apple wants someone to jailbreak their products. what will happen to their app store if everybody uses jailbreak? lol.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]carlhenry[/nom]i don't think apple wants someone to jailbreak their products. what will happen to their app store if everybody uses jailbreak? lol.[/citation]

Not everyone will use jailbreak, you have your paranoids who will be all scared about not using 'official software', so it's a complete win-win for Apple.

More service via Jailbreak, but you still get the paranoids/technologically challenged (... Much of Apple's userbase) who will use their App service.

kayvonjoon

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
[citation][nom]orionantares[/nom]It's so entertaining to see how easily Apple's iPhone OS can be hacked, it just shows how bad they really are at dealing with security and how vulnerable OS X would probably be if anyone actually cared to target it.[/citation]

And they say PCs are vulnerable.stupid MAC vs PC ads , thank god they're gone.

G

Thank you for the information Tom's! Just another way to shove a large object into steve job's many holes

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
[citation][nom]Kelavarus[/nom]Not everyone will use jailbreak, you have your paranoids who will be all scared about not using 'official software', so it's a complete win-win for Apple. More service via Jailbreak, but you still get the paranoids/technologically challenged (... Much of Apple's userbase) who will use their App service.[/citation]
I wouldn't call them paranoids, I'd say they were quite sensible. Most people have no idea about computers, some people open an EXE thinking it's a picture. Those kinds of people probably would prefer a safe closed environment.

You and I on the other hand, we probably are happy knowing that we're not as technologically incompetent as a chimp throwing its sh*t at a keyboard.

micky_lund

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Clintonio[/nom]I wouldn't call them paranoids, I'd say they were quite sensible. Most people have no idea about computers, some people open an EXE thinking it's a picture. Those kinds of people probably would prefer a safe closed environment.You and I on the other hand, we probably are happy knowing that we're not as technologically incompetent as a chimp throwing its sh*t at a keyboard.[/citation]
some people are stupid, and yes, for them apple is brilliant. but for all us other people, who bothers with an iPad?

vant

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
[citation][nom]Smochina[/nom]I for example do not use jail breaks. What, paying .79 $ for an app is too much?Where we will be if everybody would just use jailbreaks, no more developers, no more apps. Oh wait, that sounds like Android.And another reason, what does a jailbreak offer me? My 3g can't handle multitasking properly even with jailbreak because of low RAM, I'll get a 3GS or a new one when it comes out with OS4 and I'll have multitasking then, properly. Other than that, what? screensaver and a cool background picture? Come on, I finished high school years ago, I don't need to show off anymore.Those and the fact the to jailbreak it I have to wipe all data from it, sorry, but I have better things to do with my time.[/citation]
Wow. Do you even have an iPhone?

1. Many of my 'free' apps is expensive. (Navigon was $100).
2. Jailbreaking doesn't unlock multitasking? Not sure where you got that idea from.
3. You don't have to wipe data to jailbreak. That was a year or two ago.

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
i did it, and ya know how some stuff is so easy that you know something will go wrong? it was so easy and so far nothing has gone wrong. all my old data and stuff is in tact, still runs great, and now i am playing gameboy games with a wiimote.
best idea ever.

djtronika

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Yep. Works here. And iPhone 3GS was even on 3.1.3! (the "mywi" app uses another app called "rock" which strongly recommends not having 3.1.3. Thankfully it worked. Don't know what all of the negative comments are for. Oh wait. Trolls. Forgot.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]zachary k[/nom]apple's iphone is a great phone, the only bad part is apple.thank god their security is Swiss cheese.[/citation]
Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies.