JBL flip 4 speakers crackle or cut out when 'connected.' also, volume reverts to the original between tracks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2018
I have 4 JBL flip 4 speakers connected in different rooms. Often they crackle or cut out. The master is generally fine, although it can cut out and crackle from time to time, but there seems to be no consistency in the connection between speakers.

Also, if the volume of an individual speaker is individually adjusted up or down, at the following track, the volume reverts back to the volume of the speaker it is connected to.

Are there solutions to either of these issues.

Solution

I've experienced this using Bluetooth when the distance is beyond 10 or so feet. As mentioned the spec is 30 feet tops. Its possible there is just a quality issue with their BT radio.

Rogue Leader

Distinguished
They use Bluetooth which is limited to about a 33foot range on a class 2 device such as them (or your cellphone I assume you are using to feed them). Your issues stem from being probably on the edge of that range especially with walls and stuff that can cause interference.

Your only solution is to move them closer together.

Sep 5, 2018

Thanks for the note. Some do it with no walls between them and only 1.5 to 2 meters apart. The ones that are in rooms are at most 2-3 meters away.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
Under ideal condition, some bluetooth devices can go up to 20m direct eyes sight, some can only up to 10m.
10 m yes sight distance is not the same as 2-3 m with a wall in between.
How big is this wall a problem depends on how the wall is built.
Moreover, at normal home, you still have other devices e.g. wireless LAN network, wireless telephone, etc. These signals can also disturb bluetooth range.

Bluetooth is just not meant for multi-room usage!

Sep 5, 2018
The walls are thin, commercial office type.
There is a wireless network in the space. We switched that off to test and it did not seem to make a difference.
As stated they crackle with no walls and with 2 meters of each other.

Is this something other users are experiencing with the technology or is it unique to me?

Rogue Leader

Distinguished

I've experienced this using Bluetooth when the distance is beyond 10 or so feet. As mentioned the spec is 30 feet tops. Its possible there is just a quality issue with their BT radio.

Solution
Nov 23, 2018

I have my phone and Flip 4 speakers side by side on a desk and have this issue. I bought 2 cheap no name speakers, with same sound quality without the connection issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.