John Romero Working With Facebook Game Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.

glawk

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
John Romero will make you his bitch! What a putz this guy turned out to be. After "leaving" idsoftware, the guy basically had a blank check to write his own game. Of course, he blew a lot of the money on lavish offices and lived a rockstar's life as long as he possibly could before Eidos finally DEMANDED results.

And when we did finally get to see Daikatana, it was not a top-tier title we had been promised and certainly not worth all of the fanfare. What amazes me most is that there are still companies willing to work with him on anything. You now have an entire generation of gamers who probably don't even know the guy's name.

sstym

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Ughh! Chances are he's going to come up with Daikatanaville. If I get a single "Oh No! John Smith's submachinegun is broken, will you help him find parts?" on my FB page, I am going to be very mad.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]For moment, just a moment, I thought it was going to be about zombies.Then.I realised that was George Romero I was thinking about.[/citation]

At least they aren't talking about Ric Romero...

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]WTF? Link to a pic of a hot chick playing with a joystick and thumbed down?Not sure everyone here has their priorities right...[/citation]

NSFWness... not cool...

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Romero is now working for LOLapps, a Facebook gaming company. Oh how the mighty have fallen. He's probably just happy to make a paycheck now.

volt-aire

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]Romero is now working for LOLapps, a Facebook gaming company. Oh how the mighty have fallen. He's probably just happy to make a paycheck now.[/citation]

Too true.. it's like if Metallica didn't manage to hold onto the fans they did and began cutting albums of nursery rhymes, claiming it's "where the excitement is now."

.. Though it IS where the money is. Maybe it is the first step on Romero's road to glorious redemption?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Just what Facebook needs, another crappy game for friends and family to bombard you with requests to help/join/play. As if Facebook isn't painful enough as it is.....Thanks (heavy sarcasm) for nothing!

zerapio

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]I remember his ex-girlfriend, Killcreek, thats about it.[/citation]
I have a pic of both of them at QuakeCon 2000. Good times...

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Considering the "ION storm" games, i think the web are quite appropriate platform for him. Featuring short games that last 5 minutes maby 10 if your lucky...

Status
Not open for further replies.