Judge Rules in Favor of Verizon's 3G Commercials

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanjm

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
So pointless to bring a court case on this. The commercial isn't confusing at all if you are literate and can understand English. Sure, maybe they can win a court case (unlikely), but the thing they really wanted, getting the ads off the air, has failed. By the time they get a judgment those ads will have already run their course and something else will be running.

autoimmune

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
"We look forward to presenting our case to the court in the near future." Translation: we look forward to paying off a judge/jury to get what we want.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
ATT just didn't like the fact that they were the butts of a "misleading" marketing scheme. If it was ATT doing it to their customers or whoever, it's just business...

So do the customers get to pay for their legal fees through increased prices and higher termination fees? lol...sorry but cell phone companies are ridiculous.

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
@eaze2009
Exactly, PC gamers like nothing more than an actually unique collecters edition. The NVGs are plastic, they work (only up to 50') and can be made to workd even better with more powerfull IR LEDs and a soldering iron.

My co-worker gave me his Prestige Edition for the 360. He absolutely hated playing it online. For three days straight there were constant host migrations. THe first day he could play one or two maps and then the host would change. The next day he played for 2 hours, the hosts would change every 20-30 minutes. Finally, last night, (I watched) the host change over and over and over again, It kicked everyone back to the lobby and then it took over 30 minutes to get another game going. During this time he had cracked open his laptop fearing that it was his connection; turns out he was able to get into MW 1 and play until the console finally connected.

I played the single player last night after he gave it too me and finished the game that night....WTF!!! I thought there was supposed to be a small graphics update???? This should have been an expansion.

I will say that the online play is ok, not spectacular like the original MW. The 9v9 works, just barely though because the maps are small. Still, not worth 60$. I would have gladly paid $35-$40 for this as an expansion to MW 1.

Due to the single player being shorter that a gay man's penis at a cannible convention, and poor online performance, I could not recommend MW2 to any PC gamer until the price drops significantly.

Ryric

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009
I think verizon should add a line at the bottom that says. Although it may appear that At&T does not have cell coverage in most of the country they do...just not 3G Coverage, which is to say that your nice new fancy Iphone 3GS really isnt 3G in 75% of the country.... This disclaimer brought to you curtesy of AT&T's attempt to sue us... or some such

marsax73

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
[citation][nom]Ryric[/nom]I think verizon should add a line at the bottom that says. Although it may appear that At&T does not have cell coverage in most of the country they do...just not 3G Coverage, which is to say that your nice new fancy Iphone 3GS really isnt 3G in 75% of the country.... This disclaimer brought to you curtesy of AT&T's attempt to sue us... or some such[/citation]

Yeah I would have a commercial that clearly states that both maps are 3G coverage. To say they have great wireless coverage outside of 3G is a bunch of crap! Your phone can barely function on EDGE or G network.

pullmyfinger123

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
[citation][nom]datawrecker[/nom]@eaze2009Exactly, PC gamers like nothing more than an actually unique collecters edition. The NVGs are plastic, they work (only up to 50') and can be made to workd even better with more powerfull IR LEDs and a soldering iron. My co-worker gave me his Prestige Edition for the 360. He absolutely hated playing it online. For three days straight there were constant host migrations. THe first day he could play one or two maps and then the host would change. The next day he played for 2 hours, the hosts would change every 20-30 minutes. Finally, last night, (I watched) the host change over and over and over again, It kicked everyone back to the lobby and then it took over 30 minutes to get another game going. During this time he had cracked open his laptop fearing that it was his connection; turns out he was able to get into MW 1 and play until the console finally connected. I played the single player last night after he gave it too me and finished the game that night....WTF!!! I thought there was supposed to be a small graphics update???? This should have been an expansion.I will say that the online play is ok, not spectacular like the original MW. The 9v9 works, just barely though because the maps are small. Still, not worth 60$. I would have gladly paid $35-$40 for this as an expansion to MW 1. Due to the single player being shorter that a gay man's penis at a cannible convention, and poor online performance, I could not recommend MW2 to any PC gamer until the price drops significantly.[/citation]

It's too bad such a long, thoughtful, and emotional comment was posted under the wrong story....

Status
Not open for further replies.