Solved! Just got a brand new laptop for my birthday and it seems to be running warm?

May 28, 2018
My boyfriend bought me Acer Aspire V Nitro 15.6" Full HD 16GB Windows 10 Gaming Laptop Computer - Shale Black, AN51551504A for my birthday as I game a lot and my MSI died last year.
I literally have had it 2 days.

Today I'm playing The Sims 3, and the coretemp says the temp is 75c and the fans start blowing loud(I have coolboost enabled)

I don't have a cooling pad, I tried to buy one at walmart but they don't carry them, so right now I don't have access to a cooling pad.But is this normal?

right now while typing to you, temp is 38-45 with 50c at the max.

Here is my Dxdiag information: https://pastebin.com/rE3JEfZn
I just don't want to fry this thing.I know laptops run on the warmer side, but I don't know, 75 seems a bit warm.

Solution

Yep that is what it normally runs at. Just purchase a cooling pad and you are okay.

DarkEngine

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015
Unfortunately they get hot. I have a ASUS ROG Strix and that thing cooks chicken for me. Get a cooling pad. From what I remember the factory settings of the CPU of this laptop is over volted. So you can Simply under volt and it will lower temps. I have not checked this so do a bit of reading first before you attempt this.

DarkEngine

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015

Yep that is what it normally runs at. Just purchase a cooling pad and you are okay.

Solution