Just got emails from myself with attachments from google drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent_11

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
I had just signed up to a new site and used the same password as my google account. A few minutes later I started getting emails sent from myself with attachments from my google drive account.
I immediately changed my password, but I'm really worried now what this hackers intention really is. I've gone through and checked there's no obvious things like scans of credit cards, so I think I'm safe from a financial fraud point of view. Is this a common thing to do, just to show their hacking prowess, or what is a hackers normal course of action in this circumstance?

ARAN_108

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
This is kind of a low level hack. You shouldn't use the same password on other sites where you mention your gmail ID which has the same password.
The site owner/admin or someone who hacks into their network can easily access your gmail.

If you haven't shared credit card numbers explicitly in emails, you are safe. Your bank account must be connected with your mobile number. You kinda receive OTP before any transaction.

There's no need to show off hacking skills to random person. They might have just tried it off just because they can. If you have an attachment in your drive, just delete it. Do not open it, it could be a trojan.

Status
Not open for further replies.