Just got infected

victorman

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016
Hey people!

So I downloaded something from a site, and without notice, another site popped up and recreated file i needed. Now my pc is really slow and added weird files to my desktop. I see in taskmanager there are like 5 different weird objects running with a description of "L8L" anyway my computer can barely scan because it is so slow

Link removed by Moderator.
this was the link for the virus I downloaded if anyone wanna look closer at it, but watch out! =(

Solution
I'll attempt to write in a little bit more detail and thoroughness.

When you get infected, the first thing you need to do is to kill the processes and services if possible. RKill is a software that can do that, but it might not work fully. You could also try surfing through task manager/process explorer, to find any malicious services, open their file location and kill them manually.

Afterward, you need to either delete the files or uninstall them. Look at your installed programs and remove any suspicious ones or go to "Win key + R" and type %AppData% look for suspicious folders.

Next step is to do a thorough scan both with anti-virus and anti-malware. Whatever anti-virus solution you have, do a full scan, will initial cleanup...

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
I'll attempt to write in a little bit more detail and thoroughness.

When you get infected, the first thing you need to do is to kill the processes and services if possible. RKill is a software that can do that, but it might not work fully. You could also try surfing through task manager/process explorer, to find any malicious services, open their file location and kill them manually.

Afterward, you need to either delete the files or uninstall them. Look at your installed programs and remove any suspicious ones or go to "Win key + R" and type %AppData% look for suspicious folders.

Next step is to do a thorough scan both with anti-virus and anti-malware. Whatever anti-virus solution you have, do a full scan, will initial cleanup infections. Moreover, scan with multiple anti-malware software to remove any potential issues that are still present. Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro, and AdwCleaner should suffice.

The third step is to use CCleaner to clean up any registry or cached files that might be corrupted.

Lastly, If the steps above do not fully clean up your PC, you could attempt doing everything in Windows "Safe mode with Networking".

Let me know if this helps you!

Solution