Kaspersky did the job

Aiden2k13

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
Hi, so I had Kaspersky Antivirus 2015 installed on Windows 8.1 Pro and today it showed svchost was containing a virus and disinfection was failed and hence it deleted the virus. I was kinda worried so I scanned the entire system and it found nothing.
So should I be worried about this svc host again ? Was the delete successful ?

Aiden2k13

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013

I restarted my system and then rescanned my entire system and it found nothing :)

eatmypie

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
It doesn't always mean that whatever you had is fully gone when it said it failed to disinfect the virus. This sometimes can mean it found all the files spread throughout your system, but it might of failed to clean it out of something like your registry. I would run Ccleaner and check your parent process ID with http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/determine-parent-process-of-running-process/ but look for the ones under svchost or svchost.exe. I would also check your event viewer security log for things like login: type 3 which is a network login, and login type 10 which is remote interactive. Just in my experience if something is using svchost as a parent process normally the virus or malware is coming from it is being used to backdoor, or install some type of rat malware.