Solved! Kaspersky disc received, but I didn't order it

Status
Not open for further replies.

David12846

Estimable
Apr 16, 2016
I received a disc in my postal mail box today from a "Fulfillment Center" in Minneapolis. The outside of the flat paperboard envelope says "Backup Software Enclosed". On the disc is printed "Kaspersky Total Security". It also has an Order ID and what looks like a product registration number.

Since I do not use Kaspersky software, and I do not remember ordering the disc, I'm certainly NOT going to put it in my CD drive. Maybe I'll go to my Library and use their computer to see what's on the disc.

Did Kaspersky buy out another anti-virus / anti-malware company? Are there other companies that come under the Kaspersky brand? Has anyone else received such a disc in their postal mail box?

Thanks - David

Solution
Before you do anything, contact kaspersky about it. I am sure they would be interested in hearing about this.
Either it was sent to you by mistake, and they need to fix it. Or its some matter that needs to be brought to their attention.

I highly recommend against putting it into any PC, let alone your own. Its inconsiderate to use it on a public PC.

Gam3r01

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Before you do anything, contact kaspersky about it. I am sure they would be interested in hearing about this.
Either it was sent to you by mistake, and they need to fix it. Or its some matter that needs to be brought to their attention.

I highly recommend against putting it into any PC, let alone your own. Its inconsiderate to use it on a public PC.

Solution

ElectrO_90

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
I agree with Gam3r01, and don't put it in the library computer, that's just not right. If there is a problem with the disc being fake, why would you inflict it on the Library? The library is there to help people, so that is a really low blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.