Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexPoker

Estimable
Mar 12, 2014
Antivirus is good, but do not trust. In Russia ruled by the KGB and the Goebbels propaganda they certainly engaged in espionage. Russian security services using Kaspersky Anti-Virus for spying and stealing passwords!

peter brady

Estimable
Jun 13, 2014
KIS 2013 is the best

Here are BUGS with KIS 2014

-no choice to decide of witch notification will be displayed
-never seen other notification than "data base is out of date"
-no sorting of items by clicking the header in "tool\application activity\all applications" and in "tool\application activity\run at startup"
-in "setting\additional\notification settings" no choice to enable, or disable hidden notifications
-time displays in "tool\application" is GMT (-1), my time zone is GMT (-4)
-in kaspersky internet security help, under"Detailed reports window" the buttons that are described there don't exist in the window "detailed reports"
-in reports\detailed reports\all events, when I select an item in the list that have "details" in the right pane, clicking details give details, after when I click the arrow in upper left corner, it brings me back at the head of the list instead returning at the item that was selected

jnikora

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
Due to the high ratings for robustness and the seemingly reasonable price, I purchased 5 licenses for a 3 year term beginning in August 2016. I have 3 WIN7 machines, a Virtual XP MOde and a legacy XP machine. My primary mW7 machine was never able to display a "Safe Money" screen and neither of the XP iterations were able to function with a "Secure Connection". I spent 2 days on the telephone with their "tech support" agents, making dozens of changes to my machines to no avail. I then spent a full day in "Live Chat" with other agents, downloading , running and returning diagnostic dumps, traces and all manner of tests - also to no avail. As it turned out, we could not communicate via regular email (ATT) and had to switch to Gmail, which I never use or regularly check. Over the course of the next 64 days I emailed back and forth with 9 separate agents, ran many more tests and the same ones repeatedly with absolutely no progress. Two weeks ago I sent them a series of traces and test results and heard nothing for over a week so I wrote and asked if they had a solution and that I would request a refund if could not find a solution. This week, I checked my Gmail and found 2 messages - one from 6 days prior requesting yet more traces and files and one from the night before changing the status of my case to "closed". I called (on my dime) and requested a refund, to which they agreed. It has not been posted to my credit card but it was deactivated almost as soon as we hung up. I have never experienced such poor and incompetent customer service in my life. I would never have another thing to do with this company.

Status
Not open for further replies.