Kaspersky - is virus protection really disabled?

Vox

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
Hey there,

Is virus protection really disabled when the license expires in Kaspersky?

I heard somewhere only the extra "gadgets" safe money, popup blocker, etc are disabled, so if you stick a virus-infected pendrive (for example) Kaspersky will still alert you even if the license expired.

So the core function of auto-protect the computer is still working. Is that true?

Vox

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
The update is indeed disabled without a working license.

I still need to know if Kaspersky still monitors incoming threats (such as the example above) even if the license expired and the grey K icon presents on the taskbar.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Viruses are semi-rare these days. You're actually more likely to get spyware or adware on your system. I run Malwarebyte's Anti pretty frequently, and it's the only thing I've ever found anything with over the last couple of years.

Vox

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
It will for the old virus
This is not obvious. The program says "Protection is disabled."

Do you own a Kaspersky IS yourself or just guessing it keeps monitoring?

Vox

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012

There is no problem at all. Where did you read someone has a problem?

I'm just looking for a simple answer for a simple technical question so I came here to ask but my topic is flooded with totally irrelevant replies already.

I don't want to switch security, I don't need recommendations for anything, I just need a Kaspersky IS user who can CONFIRM or REFUTE that the program is still monitoring the machine even if the licese expired and "protection is disabled" (grey K icon)