Keep getting BSoDs.

tamas94

Estimable
Sep 17, 2015
Hello!
So... Lately I've been getting BSoDs. and I didn't really mind my laptop restarting once a week. But today I got a dpc_watchdog_violation, one minute after restarting a driver irql_less_or_not_equal, and WHILE restarting a dpc_watchdog_violation again...

I THINK it started after updating my Nvidia graphics driver to 358.50. I noticed decreased performance while gaming, so I took to the internet, and per multiple suggestions I rolled back to 355.98 with DDU. Tho this didn't seem to fix anything. This two months ago or so.
Then after 358.50 got like 3 hotfixes, then finally 358.87 released, I updated to that.

Anyway, here's my Lenovo Y50-70s specs:
BIOS v3.03
Intel i5-4200H
Nvidia GeForce GTX860M (was overclocked for a while, but reset it)
8 GB RAM
shitty 5400RPM WD Green (which has it's own problems...)

Last few minidumps + dxdiag.

Update: I just launched MSI Afterburner, and the Memory Clock showed +1000 MHz, even tho I reset the overclock (which was +135 Core and +500 Memory, not 1000) a week back or so. Was it really overclocked, or was it a display error?

Hi,

First is to do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Uninstall the graphics driver from Device Manager and in Programs and Features.
- Download and install the latest driver from NVIDIA support site.
- nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Reboot the laptop then see if you'll still get BSOD.
- If it will still happen do update all your drivers as well specially the wireless adapter.
- Also do a complete virus/malware scan.
- Lastly, if all these steps will not work I would suggest to run a Factory Reset.